A blog for young adult book lovers

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Synopsis: In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, Tris also learns that her secret might help her save the ones she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

Release Date: February 28, 2012
Number of pages: 487

My review: If you've read this than you already know how fantastic and amazing it is, but if you haven't read it then you need to do so right now (Especially with that movie coming out soon!).

So, I've been putting this one off for awhile and I'm not sure why. I think I was sort of apprehensive about reading it with so much hype surrounding the series. I was afraid it wouldn't live up to the hype and I'd be disappointed. However, this did not happen whatsoever! I loved this from beginning to end! If I didn't have school/finals I would have finished the whole thing in one night! I was reading 100 pages at a time in about 30 minute intervals and I don't think I've ever gone through a book that quickly in such a short amount of time.

I loved all the world building and character development that went into this book. Veronica Roth really took her time to set things up and explain everything. I know that the other books will be just as good because we had such a good starter novel with Divergent. That being said, I cannot wait to start reading Insurgent and Allegiant!

There was never a dull moment when I was reading and everything just seemed so fantastic! I love the names of all the factions and how everything is set up. Like she did it so well that it seems so believable! Everything was amazing and I cannot enunciate that point enough. 

Go read this right now!

Also, for those of you who have read it...did you take the quiz to find out what faction you belong in? I got Erudite!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena