A blog for young adult book lovers

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)Synopsis: The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. 

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


Release Date: August 14th, 2012
Number of pages: 416

My review: I loved this book! I loved the intense romance between Abby (Pidge) and Travis. Travis just seems so dreamy, albeit he is a little intense at times like when he gets into fights over the simplest things and goes a little overboard in certain situations (I can't say cause duh spoilers!).

Abby also seems like a bit of a pushover when it comes to Travis, but hello! who wouldn't be with that gorgeous bod and sexy tattoos. But to each their own.

I loved how the college they went to totally reminded me of the one I was currently in, and it seemed very realistic so the setting was set up flawlessly. The supporting characters were also pretty awesome and the occasional appearance of Abby's sarcastic roommate always made me giggle.

Overall, I'd say it was a really good New Adult book though I do think the ending was a bit unrealistic. I liked unweaving the characters stories while reading through the book, but the ending was a bit off putting for me. It just seemed like a bit of a let down compared to the rest of the book. Build up was amazing though and this is one of those books that will get you hooked from the very beginning. 

I would recommend this for girls who are currently in college, but maybe not any younger since there are some steamy situations!
P.S. I despise this cover. It makes absolutely no sense to the book and it looks like a stock image that has been severely altered. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena