A blog for young adult book lovers

Losing It by Cora Carmack

Losing It (Losing It, #1)
Synopsis from Goodreads: Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren’t embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She’d left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

Number of pages: 288
My review: (Side note: totally wish I had the cover pictured here. I like it so much better than the one I have which is here:
Losing It (Losing It, #1)
This being the second New Adult (ugh I hate that phrase) book I've ever read I didn't have much to compare it to, but I digress. I still liked it! It just wasn't very though provoking or a very deep novel.
Don't get me wrong I loved this book I just had a couple...issues with it. I just felt the ending was sort of meh, and the whole thing felt so fake. Like it could never happen.
Of course it was very steamy and I liked the romance between the two, the passion. It just seemed like the way things worked out, it never would that way in the real world.
It was interesting to read a book from the point of a view of a girl who was graduating college. I'm not used to that (but then again I haven't read very many New Adult books). I liked the interaction between all the friends and how close everyone felt. Even though at times, it just seemed that Bliss was a little impossible to be friends with. Always blushing or moping and thinking "I'm not beautiful!"
So, I guess what made me like this so much despite the little things I just mentioned was the overall premise of the book. The overall plot and storyline.
There were just little blips along the way that caused me to have some issues with the characters. Irregardless it's one of those guilty pleasures and I can't wait to get my hands on Faking It.
Definitely think you should be a little older if you're going to be reading this one though (there's quite a bit of naughtiness and cursing in it!)
See you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena