A blog for young adult book lovers

Book Blogger Confessions #8


Here's what it's all about: "Started in January 2012, by Karen - For What It's Worth & Tiger - Tiger's All Consuming Media & now co-hosted with my good friend Pam from Midnyte reader, Book Blogger Confessions is a meme that posts the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, where book bloggers "confess" and vent about blogging/bookish topics. Feel free to share, vent and offer solutions.

Just keep it respectful - no bashing authors or other bloggers!"

Sorry guys I'm playing catch up with this one!
June 17th Topic: BEA, ALA. Have you ever been before? If you've been before, share your experiences; both pro & con. If you haven't gone before, do you participate in online events like Armchair BEA? Do you hope to go one day? Do you feel too intimidated to go? Are you jealous of the big book hauls and tweets during the events?
Sadly, I have never been to BEA. I SO wanted to go this year but the dates conflicted with my high school graduation. Sigh.
Never been to ALA either sadly!
Yes! If you've been share your experiences! What makes it worth it? Is there anything that doesn't? Are the books really free?
I was watching all you guys enjoying yourselves at BEA through social media this year and it made me so happy for all of you and I vowed one day I shall go! I shall!
Sometimes I feel too intimidated to go. Because I start thinking about all the super popular blogs out there and how they join in all conferences and breakfasts, and my blog...well it's not very well known. However, I do see it as a wonderful marketing opportunity. And I do want to pursure a career in publishing, so I think it would be a great place to meet people.
I am insanely jealous of the hauls, tweets, Instagram photos, you name it. If I see that it's about BEA I feel like I shouldn't look at because I'll feel sad that I'm not there, but I can't tear my eyes away. I want to see more!
Hopefully, I can go in the near future! I wish it wasn't so far away in New York though (since I'm on the West Coast) but it makes sense because that's where the publishing houses are. Nevertheless, it will happen one day!
What did you think of BEA this year or in general? Leave a comment, or if you have a post about it, leave a link and I'll come check it out!
See you soon,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena