A blog for young adult book lovers

Book Blogger Confessions #3


Here's what it's all about: "Started in January 2012, by Karen - For What It's Worth & Tiger - Tiger's All Consuming Media & now co-hosted with my good friend Pam from Midnyte reader, Book Blogger Confessions is a meme that posts the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, where book bloggers "confess" and vent about blogging/bookish topics. Feel free to share, vent and offer solutions.

Just keep it respectful - no bashing authors or other bloggers!"

March 31st Topic: How does blogging effect your *real* life? Are friends and family supportive? Do you find that blogging cuts into family time? How do you strike a balance between the two?

So, how does blogging effect my real life? It's pretty much a daily thing for me to work on my blog; whether that be with scheduling new posts, writing down meme schedules, adding new elements to my blog, and most importantly reading!
I do know how to limit myself though. Definitely gotta get school work done first, and then I try to put in a half our or hour a day for my blog. The way I see it is, if people are taking time out of their schedule to read my blog, then I should take the time out of my schedule to keep it up to date (sort of hypocritical since this post is late! But I was on vacation! We all deserve a break every once and a while)

My family is super supportive of my blogging! They all follow me and help me out with suggestions here and there. My dad really helped with the layout of my blog. One evening we just sat down and for about 3 or 4 hours fixed up HTML here and there and created a whole new look for my blog. My mom will read my posts and talk to me about certain things on my blog and my sister will often help me promote some of my posts through her Pintrest. 
I actually haven't told any of my friends about my blog. No one outside my family knows about it (well, besides people on social media that I don't know on a personal level). I just feel like my friends wouldn't take it seriously (they're not big readers) so it's sort of my own little secret.

I don't think my blogging cuts into family time. It's like asking if reading cuts into family time. Sure, my parents will ask if I want to come watch TV with them but most of the time I'll say "No! I'm reading!" (Total nerd, I know) But I often end up multi-tasking while I'm blogging like watching TV at the same time, or listening to music, etc.
Like I said before I definitely limit myself on how much blogging I do each day, but it's not completely consuming that I never leave my room, and remain a hermit forever. 

What are your thoughts about blogging and family/friends? Let me know in the comments below!
See you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena