A blog for young adult book lovers

Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg

Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality
Synopsis from Goodreads.comA hilarious new novel from Elizabeth Eulberg about taking the wall out of the wallflower so she can bloom.

Don't mess with a girl with a Great Personality.

Everybody loves Lexi. She's popular, smart, funny...but she's never been one of those girls, the pretty ones who get all the attention from guys. And on top of that, her seven-year-old sister, Mackenzie, is a terror in a tiara, and part of a pageant scene where she gets praised for her beauty (with the help of fake hair and tons of makeup).

Lexi's sick of it. She's sick of being the girl who hears about kisses instead of getting them. She's sick of being ignored by her longtime crush, Logan. She's sick of being taken for granted by her pageant-obsessed mom. And she's sick of having all her family's money wasted on a phony pursuit of perfection.

The time has come for Lexi to step out from the sidelines. Girls without great personalities aren't going to know what hit them. Because Lexi's going to play the beauty game - and she's in it to win it.




Number of pages: 261
Release Date: March 1st, 2013
My review: I finished this book in only one day because it was THAT fantastic! The first book I read from Elizabeth Eulburg was Prom and Prejudice and I gave a raving review of that book so when I heard that she was releasing another book, I just had to get my hands on it! So, as you can imagine, the day that Netgalley informed me that my request had been approved to read it, I was ecstatic! 
Anyways, the synopsis does a pretty good job of summing up the story, but once you start reading you realize it has so much more depth than it lets on. Lexi is one of those characters I instantly took a liking to because she knew exactly what she wanted in life, she tried not to take anyone's crap, and she had two of the coolest friends, Cam and Benny, I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in a book.
I really appreciated how as the story progressed she was able to stand up for herself, and this caused her to be a really wonderful (and NOT weak) central female character. I just hate when female characters seem to depend too much on boys or don't have a single thought of their own.
The friendship between Cam, Benny, and Lexi was hilarious and I actually felt a deep connection with them. Their friendship sort of reminded me of the kids from that old TeenNick show "Unfabulous". (Click the picture here to see what I'm talking about) Also, their friendship lasted through the book, it wasn't one of those friendships where the main girl abandoned them after she found a guy, or something. Cam was always saying hilarious statements and even though they were funny they also had a deep sense of truth in them. 
I loved to see the development Lexi went through regarding her family issues, her sister Mac's pageant fiascoes  her friendship, and the way she discovered how important image is to people. This book was on my top books of 2013 that I wanted to read and I'm glad I was able to read it because it was so refreshing and an absolute page turner! (No pun intended) I would definitely recommend you checking it out!
See you soon!
Paige

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena