A blog for young adult book lovers

Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves

book cover of 

Slice of Cherry 

by

Dia Reeves
Read a synopsis here!
Number of pages: 505
I had really high hopes for this book and I REALLY wanted to like it, but it thoroughly disappointed me. I actually thought it was going to have more of a horror element (I mean look at that gorgeous, yet creepy, cover). However, it actually took on more of a...underdeveloped theme. Let's make a list of what was underdeveloped: the characters, the plot, the setting, the conversations between the characters, the back story...everything? 
I felt that the back story was described WAY too quickly and I barely understood who the main characters were. The main characters themselves were so infuriating and I couldn't connect with them at all. The plot could have been way scarier, or have more of a horror theme and the setting was so under described that 150 pages in, I still couldn't tell you where they lived or what their house looked like. 
I will admit that I tried my best to push through and make an attempt to finish this book but I could only go 150 pages before I finally called it quits. Normally I really try to finish a book even if it's pretty bad, but I just couldn't do it.
I may try again in the next few months, but trying to get out of a reading slump and this is the first thing you read? Not exactly a great idea. 
Anyways, sorry for the short review, still trying to get back into the swing of things.
See you soon!
Paige

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena