A blog for young adult book lovers

Random Thoughts #1

I decided from time to time I'm going to do these Random Thoughts Posts, related to books because sometimes I just want to have a little discussion with you guys.
So I've been off Youtube from 48 days (I gave up Youtube for lent-I'm not religious I just did it as an experiment to see if I could because my friend was giving up Facebook) and at first it was really tough; no book reviews, music, and other skits that I like to watch. However, I was able to read a lot more and get a lot more work done because I didn't have this constant distraction. Anyways, so I've been catching up with my favorite Book-Tubers and for awhile I've been struggling with this idea of "Why don't I like the same books as most of these people?"
Most of the time I agree with them but it's books like The Hunger Games, Looking for Alaska, Vampire Diaries, just to name a few that I don't like that much, that everyone else seems to LOVE.
Then I kind of had an epiphany today which made me realize...why? Why do I care and why do I feel the need to associate myself with these people that I've never met, never will meet, and why do I have to be like everyone else? So what if I like mystery books and trashy teen chick lit novels, and old books like Jane Austen's novels and other classics. This defines me as a person and sets me apart from everyone else. Why should I group myself in with the masses of people that LOVE vampire books, while the only one's that I like are the Night World series by L.J.Smith.
It kind of made me realize that I don't need to fit in with these people. Isn't standing out a good thing? And the more people that stand out the better right? Society is all about promoting individualism, but most of the time people follow the status quo and don't differentiate themselves from others.
I think what I'm trying to say is I'm proud that I'm different and I'll continue reviewing the lesser known books in the hopes of maybe having someone else become interested in reading or being affected by literacy in SOME way; even it's a small contribution, it's MY contribution and that's all that matters. What do you think?
See you soon!
Paige

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena