A blog for young adult book lovers

Marked by P.C. and Kristen Cast

book cover of 
Marked 
 (House of Night, book 1)
by
Kristin Cast and 
P C Cast
Read a synopsis here!
Number of pages: 306
I definitely had my doubts about this book when I started because I think I've heard more bad reviews than good ones. However, I loved it! It is definitely one of those guilty pleasure books (like Gossip Girl) and I got through it super quick! (Yeah, sorry that this review is so late. School has been CRAZY!)
The characters could have used a little more development but I have high hopes that they will grow throughout the next novels. (How many are there in the series anyway? Like 8!? Lot's of room for development!)
I don't know why but I really loved this book so much! Although the use of language could have been cut down a little it was actually really good! Sometimes the story line was a little predictable but that was okay because you wanted that next event to happen the way you imagined.
The conclusion was awesome! Normally conclusions are kind of boring for me because they basically tie up loose ends but this conclusion had so much excitement and action that I just loved it. I also loved how everything played out but I don't want to say more than that in case I ruin it!!
Overall, when I heard that there's was lot's of language and sex material I expected there to be something on every page but really they mentioned sex like 3 or 4 times. Some other young adult books are WAY worse than that!
Great read! Definite Paige-Turn seal of approval! Can't wait to read the rest of the series!! Catch ya later!
-Paige
P.S. What's on your Christmas Wish List? Only 18 more days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena