A blog for young adult book lovers

Cleopatra's Moon by Vicky Alvear Schecter

book cover of 
Cleopatra's Moon 
by
Vicky Alvear Shecter
Read a synopsis here!
How much it cost me: $4.50 (purchased at Scholastic Warehouse)
Retail price (paperback): $8.99
Number of pages: 351
I loved this book! I'm a sucker for historical fiction and it's so hard to find one's that are written so well. Cleopatra's Moon topped the charts for me! I mean just look at some of these sentences, "I stared up, squinting into the brilliant blue of the sky as waving palm fronds skewered fluffy white clouds. The intermittent calls of shipmen and merchants drifted in from the Royal Harbor." That's how the whole book is! It's beautifully written.
The story itself is amazing and one of triumph and you find yourself really rooting for all the right characters. Reading the Author's Note and The Facts Within the Fiction at the end really helped me understand the story even more too.
Another thing I found helpful was the List of Characters at the beginning, because with all those old names and so many of them, I got confused in the beginning and found myself backtracking to check and see who was who.
The reading itself was fairly easy. Not as easy as some books like the Gossip Girl series and other likenesses but it was very enjoyable! I wholeheartedly give this book a Paige-Turn! So if you're looking for a really good historical fiction pick this up! It doesn't feel like you're getting a history lesson while you're reading it and it's soooo good!
See you soon!
-Paige

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena