A blog for young adult book lovers

Read My Lips by Teri Brown

book cover of 
Read My Lips 
by
Teri Brown
Read a synopsis here!
How much it cost me: Free! (Paperbackswap)
Retail Price: $8.99
Number of pages: 234
I went into this book with high hopes and I have to say it went above and beyond what I expected! I like how Serena (I must have a Serena theme going with all the Gossip Girl books I've been reading!) grew throughout the story. She had already accomplished so much by being deaf and overcoming simple obstacles of having conversations but the way she rose through the ranks of her new school and made friends was something to be revered. Her relationship (I'm not going to say how far) with Miller was adorable too! They have a great chemistry!
The plot itself was really original and I liked all the struggles that a variety of characters went through. I also thought the book had a great message; befriend thy neighbor. Hahaha kidding, but it was pretty close to that. (I'm not going to say what it was because it might ruin the ending!!)
The one thing I didn't like about the book was that it seemed a little too unrealistic how the popular girls picked up on Serena's lip reading capability so quickly and invited her to become part of their group on the first day of school. Come on no one would notice something that quickly! (And that is not a spoiler! Read the synopsis people!)
Overall, Serena's trials and tribulations were sort of relatable to the average girl. She had a lot of character development which I really liked and the plot itself was a fun read. Definite Paige-Turn! :)
See you soon!
-Paige
P.S. I'm not sure why but I totally dig the cover!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena