A blog for young adult book lovers

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

book cover of 
The Great Gatsby 
by
F Scott Fitzgerald
Read a synopsis here!
How much it cost me: Free because the school provided books (but we have to give them back!)
Retail price: Huge price range! Look it up! Sorry!
Number of pages: 189
So I'm taking an AP English Language Arts class and we were assigned to read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (obviously or I wouldn't be doing this review!) and I have to say as a required reading book I was skeptical on whether or not I would like it but I have to say I really did like it!
I finished the book before my classmates did (of course) and let me just say I have reread the ending about 10 times. Seriously, it was that stunning/good. I got kinda teary eyed too at the end but I don't want to say why cause it will ruin it!
Fitzgerald is an amazing writer and it's not wonder that this is a classic because the writer and the plot and the characters (and everything!) is so well thought out and amazing. When we did discussions in class for this book I was suprised at how many hidden meanings there were in the story and why Fitzgerald said that word in that one sentence.
Anyway the book was amazing, it kinda makes you think too! Like is the American Dream what we think it is? or is it some corrupt image that we all have in our heads? And are all people what they seem? or do we put off an exterior person and act totally different in private? And why do people do certain things when they're in love?
Yeah suprisingly love was a HUGE subject in this book which suprised me because I honestly had no idea what this book was about but I didn't think it was going to be about love.
Let me just say right now, because I don't think it will give anything away, I hated Daisy. I know, I know! A lot of people like her but I hated her in this book. If you've read this you know what I'm talking about!
I definitely give this a Paige-Turn and this is a book that I'm asking for for Christmas so that I can put it with my other awesome required reading books that I loved in high school (To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Hiroshima by John Hersey, Romeo and Juliett by William Shakespeare)
Hope you enjoyed!
-Paige
P.S. I'm almost done with The Night Dance by Suzanne Weyn!! Sorry! Blame my teachers; too much homework!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena